Terraforming Mars (2016)
A Resource Management Game by Jacob Fryxelius
For 1-5 players, ages 12+. Playing time: 2 hours.
The taming of the Red Planet has begun!
Corporations are competing to transform Mars into a habitable planet by spending vast resources, and using innovative technology to raise temperature, create a breathable atmosphere, and make oceans of water. As terraforming progresses, more and more people will immigrate from Earth to live on the Red Planet.
In Terraforming Mars, you control a corporation with a certain profile. Play project cards, build up production, place your cities and green areas on the map, and race for milestones and awards!
Will your corporation lead the way into humanity’s new era?
- For more information, pictures, discussion forums, reviews and ratings, see the BoardGameGeek page.
- For thematic presentations of certain cards, see our news archive.
- The rules can be downloaded
- Tom Vasel and Jason Levine reviews Terraforming Mars and gives it their praise:
- Isaac, the graphic designer of Terraforming Mars, has put together an official tutorial for the game. Please enjoy the video series on Youtube, or below:
Tiles and Placement Bonuses:
Milestones and Awards
Game End and Scoring: